You Should Read This Before Purchasing Canon PIXMA Printer!
Before buying a Canon printer, it is best to recognize its characteristics. Printers manufactured by Canon Inc. have several advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages is the price of a printer that is fairly economical. If we compare the prices of Canon PIXMA MX490 printers to those of the other brands, we will see that these printers are relatively cheap. This is one of the reasons why many households choose Canon printers rather than other brands, which of course have their respective advantages.
Apart from the price, Canon PIXMA MX490 also has various advantages that cannot be underestimated. One of the advantages is good quality printing. If you print your document in black and white, you will see the satisfying result. Therefore, this printer is perfect for various jobs or school assignments. Good print results can be obtained if using genuine ink.
The next advantage of Canon PIXMA MX490 printers, especially the latest version, is the speed of the printing process. Canon can be regarded as a printer that can print very quickly. You can enjoy the printing process going on much faster, even if it is compared to the famous brands like Epson.
In addition, common materials that are often used by Canon printers are pretty durable. Various Canon spare parts have high durability even to do printing in large quantities at once. This durability is mainly used on various types of the latest Canon printers. Although classified as durable, but proper use is still needed to avoid the damage. In addition, the printer must also be we maintained and routinely cleaned so that the service life will be much longer.
Besides having many advantages, there are also disadvantages that are still seen in the latest Canon printers.
One of the disadvantages is the fact that this Japanese printer’s cartridge is quite expensive. Though to get a good print result you have to use the original ink from the original cartridge. The cartridge which is sold at high prices can be a compensation for the cheap price of Canon printers.
Another disadvantage is the paint color that is still less sharp compared to the results of Epson printers. This is clearly seen from the color of human skin which is printed on photo paper. The various disadvantages of Canon printers make it less suitable for industrial printing.
Operating Systems For Windows:
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (64-bit)
- Windows XP
How to Setup Your Canon PIXMA MX490 Printers on Windows and MacOS
Are you having trouble to set up your new This Drivers? Here, we will help you to solve this problem. Below, we explain how to set up this printer on two Operating Systems, Windows and MacOS. So, let’s get started.
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX490 on Windows
- Download the driver file. You can find it on the Canon official website or you also can use the driver from trusted Canon printer driver provider. The latest driver file is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 (32 bit and 64 bit). Note: before you start the installation process, make sure your PC is connected to the internet.
- Find the “.exe” file on the location where you save the downloaded installation driver.
- Double-click the “.exe” file to open it.
- The system will decompress the file and following by displaying Setup windows.
- Follow the instruction on that window until the last step.
- Once you’ve followed all instruction, your Canon PIXMA MX490 is ready to use.
You need to keep your PC connected to the internet because in the middle of the installation, you will be asked to do registration and such which require an internet connection. So, make sure the internet connection doesn’t get any interruption while you install the driver.
Operating Systems For Mac:
- Mac OS X v10.14
- Mac OS X v10.13
- Mac OS X v10.11
- Mac OS X v10.10
- Mac OS X 9
- Mac OS X v10.8.5
- Mac OS X v10.12
How to Install Canon PIXMA MX490 on MacOS
- Download the driver file from a similar place like where you can get the Windows version driver. Make sure you choose the MacOS operating system before downloading the file.
- Open the installation file.
- After you open it, due to high-security feature on MacOS, you will find many popup warning windows. Just click the “Open” button to skip the security check and put a check on the message to keep the file Open.
- You also can choose the option that prevents this kind of warning to appear in the future. That way, if you want to update your Canon PIXMA MX490 driver, you don’t need to be bothered by this kind of warning.
- Wait until the installation process is finished. Once it’s done, you can use your printer.
One last important thing that you need to do is connecting the printer to your PC or Mac. In fact, do it at the beginning of each installation method we explained above. This will help the computer to detect the printer which is also required in the installation process.